Sometimes products you receive from suppliers can carry defects or be not according to the specifications in your order. In this case, you may need to return them to the supplier — that’s a normal part of business.
We recommend you to create Purchase Returns as related transactions to Receivings. It will take you less time than creating a return from scratch: all return details, ordered items and their quantity are copied from the Receiving, you only need to select what items to return and in what quantity.
If you accept items at two different warehouses, you need to create separate Purchase Returns for each warehouse.
If you want to create a return related to different Receivings, that’s how you can do it.
- In the Kladana workspace, select Purchases → Purchase Returns.
- Click +Return.
- Specify the main return details:
- Your company and supplier names
- Warehouse where you accepted items
- If a return relates to a certain contract or project, specify them.
- Add items to the return in one of the following ways:
- Begin typing the item’s name, SKU or supplier code in the appropriate field. Kladana displays relevant items in the drop-down list and you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Open Catalog. In the opened catalog, you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Stock. In the opened stock list, you can check the quantity of available items and specify the number of items to add.
- Click Import and select Excel/CSV file. In the opened window, choose the file in the Excel or CSV format to bulk upload items from.
- Specify the returned quantity for every added item.
- Set up how the tax are charged:
- If the whole order is tax-free, clear the Tax checkbox.
- For taxable items, enter the tax rate. If the tax rate is specified in the product card, it will be automatically added to the return.
- Click Save.
Created Purchase Return will decrease your stock balances.
There are more settings related to Purchase Returns you need to know: