Purchase Orders serve you in your relations with suppliers. Use Purchase Orders to request your supplier for products or services for your business. If the supplier can fill your order in enough quantity and at specified price, they confirm it by sending you an invoice.
Purchase Orders are the basis of your business planning — they help schedule product delivery when you need them and take orders from customers even without items on hand. For example, if your purchasing flow is customer-order-driven, you can set the purchased quantity to awaiting stock. This allows you to accept and manage customer orders even if some products aren’t physically in stock.
In Kladana, creating Purchase Orders won't take you much time because the app simplifies this process in the following way:
- Automatically fills the order number and current date. If needed, you can change them anytime.
- Displays available item quantity after you add an item to the order.
- Displays your account balance to see if there is any owes to your supplier.
- Automatically fills the price of the added item and calculates the total order amount.
After creating you can edit a Purchase Order anytime before sending it to your supplier.
- In the Kladana workspace, select Purchases → Purchase Orders.
- Click +Order.
- Specify the main invoice details:
- Your company and supplier names
- Warehouse where you plan to accept items
- Date you wish to receive products
- If an order relates to a certain contract or project, specify them.
- Add items to the order in one of the following ways:
- Begin typing the item's name, SKU or supplier code in the appropriate field. Kladana displays relevant items in the drop-down list and you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Add from Catalog. In the opened catalog, you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Import and select Excel / CSV file. In the opened window, choose the file in the Excel or CSV format to bulk upload items from.
- Specify the ordered quantity for every added item.
- If your supplier provides a discount, enter it in percentage.
- Set up how the tax are charged:
- If the whole order is tax-free, clear the Tax checkbox.
- For taxable items, enter the tax rate. If the tax rate is specified in the product card, it will be automatically added to the order.
- If item pricing already includes sales tax, select Tax included checkbox.
- Click Save.
There are more settings related to Purchase Orders you need to know: