- Create a Production Order. The quantity of products you plan to manufacture (Qty Planned) is filled in automatically in the Finished Products and Raw Materials tabs.
- If you need to modify the planned amount of finished goods, raw materials used, or costs before the start of production, hover over the relevant product row and follow the Materials and Expenses link. In the opened window, make the necessary changes. Click Save.
- Click Start to produce.
- If the actual amount of raw materials used differs from the planned quantity, click on the link with the date of the last change in the operation row.
- Change the planned value to the actual one. The updated values are displayed in the Raw Materials tab, in the Qty Used column. Discrepancies are displayed in the Variance column.
- Edit the raw materials used, if necessary. Hover over the relevant material row, click on the menu icon, and select: duplicate, replace, or delete. Click Save.
- If the produced quantity of finished items exceeds the planned quantity, it can only be increased only at the final stage of production. In the Process Tracking tab, click on the date of the last change in the last operation. In the opened window, enter the actual value for the quantity of the finished product. If it differs from the planned quantity, the updated values are displayed in the Finished Products tab, in the Qty Produced column, and discrepancies are displayed in the Variance column.
- To examine the variance between planned and produced quantities of products in detail, hover over the product row and click on the Materials and Expenses link.
The variance between planned and produced quantities of products is calculated immediately when changes occur in the Process Tracking. After the operation is completed, editing the planned quantity value is not possible.