Your customers can return defective, damaged, or otherwise undesirable products to you either for a refund or exchange. In this case, you need to create a Sale Return.
In Kladana, you can record two types of Sales Returns: referenced and unreferenced. Referenced return is connected to a specific Shipment and unreferenced isn’t. Creating referenced returns will take you less time but with unreferenced returns, you can handle products from different orders.
If you've shipped items from two different warehouses, you need to create separate Sales Returns for each warehouse.
Create referenced return
- In the Kladana workspace, select Sales → Shipments.
- Find and open a Shipment you want to create a return for.
- Click Add Related → Sale Return.
- If needed, edit the quantity of returned products.
- In the notes field, specify the reason of return.
- Click Save.
Create unreferenced return
- In the Kladana workspace, select Sales → Sales Returns.
- Click +Return.
- Specify the main return details:
- Your company and supplier names
- Warehouse where you accepted items
- If a return relates to a certain contract or project, specify them.
- Add items to the return in one of the following ways:
- Begin typing the item's name, SKU or supplier code in the appropriate field. Kladana displays relevant items in the drop-down list and you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Open Catalog. In the opened catalog, you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Stock. In the opened stock list, you can check the quantity of available items and specify the number of items to add.
- Click Import and select Excel / CSV file. In the opened window, choose the file in the Excel or CSV format to bulk upload items from.
- Specify the returned quantity for every added item.
- Set up how the tax are charged:
- If the whole order is tax-free, clear the Tax checkbox.
- For taxable items, enter the tax rate. If the tax rate is specified in the product card, it will be automatically added to the return.
- Click Save.
Created Sales Return will increase your stock balances. If a product didn't meet customer's expectations and he or she wants a refund, you also need to create a Cash Voucher. If the returned product is defective or damaged, create a Write-Off for it.
There are more settings related to Sales Returns you need to know: