Shipment records that you have physically transported ordered products from your warehouse to a customer. Shipment is opposite to Receiving and registers the decrease of items at the specified warehouse. Items are removed from stock on hand when a shipment is completed.
To prevent the shipment of products you do not have in stock, go to Account Settings and select the Disallow records that reduce Stock below zero checkbox.
If your stock was damaged or broken and you want to deduct it, please create a Write-Off instead of Shipment. If you want to simply move items from one warehouse to another, please create a Stock Transfer.
We recommend you create Shipments as related transactions to Customer Orders or Customer Invoices. It will take less time than creating a shipment from scratch: you specify only the main shipment details while items and their quantity are added from the order or invoice.
If an order contains items from two different warehouses, you need to create separate Shipments for each warehouse.
If you want, you can create a Shipment from scratch, it’s almost the same as customer order creating.
- In the Kladana workspace, select Sales → Shipment.
- Click +Shipment.
- Specify the main Shipment details:
- Your company and customer names;
- The warehouse you plan to ship from;
- The date you plan to ship the order.
- If a Shipment relates to a particular contract or project, specify them.
- If there are freight details you want to specify, click Other fields and fill in the shipping info in the displayed fields.
- Add items to the Shipment in one of the following ways:
- In the Add position field, begin typing the item’s name, SKU, or supplier code. Kladana displays relevant items in the drop-down list and you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Items. In the opened catalog, you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Stock. In the opened stock list, you can check the number of available items and specify the number of items to add.
- Click Import and, in the drop-down list, select Import. In the opened window, choose the file in the Excel or CSV format to bulk upload items from.
- Specify the shipping quantity for every added item.
- If you want to provide a discount, enter the percentage of the discount.
- If you don’t want to charge taxes, clear the Tax checkbox.
- If item pricing includes sales tax, select Prices are tax inclusive checkbox.
- Click Save.
You can view stock changes made by Shipments at the Stock and Stock History tabs of the Inventory section.
There are more settings related to the Shipments you need to know: